Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bittersweet

These past few weeks have been full of changes and craziness, so I thought I'd finally share the big news!  After 5 month of negotiating and waiting, we finally got the keys to our first home! We are beyond excited, and over the past 2 weeks have been packing, painting, sanding, cleaning,  and moving. It's been a lot of work since the house was a bit of......well a dump I guess is really the only way to put it. The main change for us is that we are no longer SF residents. It's a weird feeling to not live in the city anymore, and while we are excited for this new chapter in our lives, I can't help but be a bit sad about the one that is passing. I'm really going to miss having friends a 15 min bus ride away, and the constant variety of events to attend. Not to mention the fact that we'd lived in our apartment for so long, our corner store started carrying my favorite ice cream and Eric's favorite beer just because they new we liked it. Our dry cleaner got to know us so well that he'd spot us cash if we were short on our bill, and then refuse to let us pay him back. I had running routes in place ranging from 2-9 miles, and our favorite restaurants and bars knew us by name. The apartment we just turned in the keys to was our first one together (unless you count the 3 months we lived in a flat with 8 other people above a chinese food restaurant....which...I don't), Eric proposed in our bedroom, and we went through wedding plans, job changes, fights, two person dance parties, and many lazy days together there. So it is a bittersweet move. So happy and excited for our new lives as islanders in Alameda, a bit sad to leave our friends behind in the city.

The great news is that the new home comes with an almost finished basement, to which I'll be converting into a studio over the next couple months.  Also, the move has clearly put me a bit behind on blog postings, so once I've finally gotten settled, everyone is in for an overload of engagement sessions, weddings, maternity sessions, and boudior sesssions. I've shot some amazing people in gorgeous locations lately, and I'm so excited to finally have my computer set up again so I can get the chance to edit them.

Anyhooo..apologies for delays in basically everything lately. I'll be back up and running full steam soon!

xoxox

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment