Sunday, August 28, 2016

We're heading home!


Oh that moment when you realize it's been 3 years, yes THREE YEARS since you've blogged. Well, you  know, moving across the world does kind of throw you for a loop. So what have I been doing for the past 3 years? A little of everything to be vague. My husband and I moved to Australia in January 2013 because of a work opportunity that he couldn't pass up. I still had weddings booked in California for that summer and there is no way I would bail on any of my clients, so I did a couple 2 month trips back home to photograph the remaining weddings, and then I've been living in south east Queensland ever since. And let me tell you I've had a blast. Lots of camping, surfing, traveling, swimming, scuba diving and just all around fun.

And no, I haven't just taken 3 years off work. It is a bit hard to book weddings when you never know where you will be living in 6 months, however I did managed to find a few late planning couples where it worked out. I've also been second shooting for many talented photographers here, and have shot tons of gorgeous weddings with them, as well as quite a few editorial freelance gigs. I'll post some Aussie weddings and portraits I've done lately at a later time, but for now I just wanted to share some photos of what I've been up to for the past few years.

But the big news is that we're moving back to the Bay Area in January 2017! I'll be starting to photograph weddings and portraits again starting in March 2017, and I can't wait! For any wedding or portrait enquires, send me an email or submit a contact form through my website.

Here are some photos of our adventures, a mix of my canon, iphone and go pro, so please no judgement on the quality!











And then another amazing adventure happened:





Our little boy Lachlan was born in May 2015, and is just the most amazing kid ever. The sweetest, funniest, and happiest little boy who loves to go on all these trips we drag him along to! We don't do quite as much as we used to, however he's already travelled internationally, gone on a few camping trips, been to the beach multiple times, and goes on hikes with me.

I hope you've enjoyed/tolerated all my vacation photos! I can't wait to get back home and catch up with all of our friends, family and past clients.

-Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment