Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Behind the scenes

Sometimes my 2nd shooters and assistants take photos of me when I don't know it (those sneaky girls!). They are almost always horribly unflattering. But there are a few that I will let see the light of day, and I thought it would be fun to show what it looks like to everyone else, and what it looks like through my lens. Case in point, see below.

In 1 photo, I'm lying on the dirty dirty ground in the SOMA section of San Francisco. In the other, I'm balancing, cheering, and shooting on a 12 foot ladder.  I look crazy in both, but totally worth it in the end, don't you think?!




Another behind the scenes shot, this is typically what the parents look like as I'm photographing their kids. They usually end up making me giggle too.


And snow? Who needs it to be snowing when you can bring along a strainer, place some snow from the ground in it, and ask the Dad to shake it over his son's head.  Works like a charm :)



Lastly, testing the lighting on a photobooth can only be done while striking a silly pose (or busting out some of the props, but that is for another post!)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!! So funny to see what you go through to get such amazing photos! Hard work sure pays off! The end results are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE you!!!!!!! You are so amazing at what you do :)

    ReplyDelete