Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sweet Wedding Jams

I may be stating the obvious, but I go to A LOT of weddings. Not only do I shoot weddings, but I also happen to be at that age where all of my friends are getting married, so I go as a guest and bridesmaid as well. When you go to weddings so often, you start to hear the same music over and over again. Maybe you were hoping to walk down the isle to "Somewhere over the rainbow", but then you saw 3 of your friends do this and thought maybe you should look for another song. Or you thought "oh...that song butterfly kisses is perfect for my dad and I to dance to!" and then you realized it's perfect for everyone else too.

I know it's hard to find songs that fit well with weddings, so when my husband and I got engaged we were on the hunt for original, fun, but also sweet and romantic songs. It took months. And still, over a year later, when I hear a good song for a wedding, I write it down. I mean, that's what a good bridesmaid does right?!

So, here is a playlist of some wedding goodness. I in no way am a DJ, or a music expert, and probably have different taste than 90% of you. These songs are also slow, and will only work for first dances, cocktail hour/eating, or the ceremony. You are on your own for booty shaking music. Apologies if you hate all the songs, but if I help 1 person find the song to walk down the aisle to, I'm happy :)

Songs that made the list but aren't available on playlist.com (check itunes):

John heart Jackie "You've been on my mind"
Kurt Maire "Tangible things"
Ben Harper "Gold to me"




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

3 comments: