Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Favorites

Supposedly thinking about your favorite things puts you in a good mood. I'm gonna test it out once a week and list to you my favorite things of the moment. They will all be completely random, and things that I just happen to love at the moment (yes it does change weekly).  BUT I promise I will attempt to list things that people will actually be interested in, and I hope to introduce people to some of their new favorite things! So...here it goes....

#1. Favorite new project- Brewing my own beer. I'm not sure what it is, but ever since I got married I want to make everything. Maybe it's because I finally have all the tools to actually make things, or maybe its winter and I have a little more free time on my hands, or maybe I'm just getting old and domestic.  But Eric and I have made beer before, and tomorrow its a date to have a beer making party at our place. Some friends are coming over and we are brewing a batch together and eating homemade pizza and learning about how to make some delicious beer.  I also plan on designing labels for the bottles. I'm excited.

#2. Favorite new music. I can't stop listening to Miike Snow. No its not a typo, its actually spelled Miike. And its a band, not a guy. And they wrote the lyrics to Brittany's "Toxic", which for some reason makes them even better in my mind. I recommend the song "Animal" and if you like that, buy the whole cd, you will thank me.


#3. Favorite book. This hasn't changed for a long time and I keep letting new books attempt to replace it, but so far nobody can beat "Skinny Legs and All" by Tom Robbins. Tom Robbins, you are the only author who could make me care about the fate of a dirty sock, a can of beans, and conch shell. Its a whitty and entertaining book about art, history, politics, sex, and religion, partly told through the eyes of the objects mentioned above. It's amazing, to put it lightly.


#4. Favorite shopping obsession. www.shop-ruche.com Sometimes I just look at their website and dream of the day when all my clothes will be that cute. It's like the store Anthropologie (my all time favorite), for about 1/3 of the price. And they do free shipping for returns. Just look at some of the adorable things they have right now:



No comments:

Post a Comment