Monday, January 18, 2010

Holiday Hike

For the holidays I went to Redding to visit my family.  One day we decided we had eaten enough cookies/brownies/pie/all of the above, and decided to head out for a hike. This particular trail is near Whiskeytown lake, and ends up at a waterfall that was only "discovered" a few years ago. I decided to lug along my camera and take some nature pictures.







My hubby, my dad, and my brother in front of the Whiskeytown Falls.


I may have gotten a little carried away with the long exposure water shots. I must have taken about 30 of them in various locations along the river and waterfall! I didn't want to carry my heavy tripod up a steep 3 mile hike, so I ended up having to balancing the camera on rocks and bridges. Not the exact angles I would have wanted, but I like them none the less.





It was getting dark by the time we got back to the car, and there was frost covering the ground! If only it had been snow....sigh.....




No comments:

Post a Comment